Wednesday 30 November 2011

Interview with EASHS (Notch's Brother In Law)

Today I was graced with the pleasure of interviewing EASHS (@EASHS - His Twitter! Go Follow Him!)
It was a great interview and he is an awesome guy, so without further ado, let's do this thing!


Sam Wilson: Okay.
Sam Wilson: Let's Start.
Sam Wilson: For those of the people that do not know who you are, introduce yourself.

EASHS: Well, many people might be wondering about my age difference from my brothers and sisters, also, the fact that i live in Norway, while they live in sweden. I am 16 years old, and I do not consider myself a "nerd", but more of an explorer of art! Haha, well, I think Minecraft is an art! I have a little brother, which is also very into the whole Minecraft gaming thing.
EASHS: I enjoy tweeting, and I love skyping with my family in sweden while we are playing Minecraft. It does consume alot of my time, but at the side of playing I really enjoy drawing and watching good movies, mostly animation :)

Sam Wilson: Next question.
Sam Wilson: Did you attend minecon this year?

EASHS: Unfortunately, I did not get that chance. It was the closest family of my sister, which included my half brother, Zetterstrand, because he made the paintings in Minecraft. I still have a lot of school work, but I did enjoy watching the IGN livestream. My family here in norway hooked the PC up to our bigscreen-tv and watched until late at night ;)

Sam Wilson: Awesome. So you have 'famous' family in the Minecraft community?

EASHS: Yes, my brother in-law, might be the one people know the best, Notch. Then it's my sister, known as ez (elin Zetterstrand) and my brother Harr (Kristoffer Zetterstrand).

Sam Wilson: That's awesome! Are you happy with the Minecraft 1.0.0 release?

EASHS: Yes, I am very proud of the game. Its very charming, and I have been looking forward to just creating a new map, and playing the finished Minecraft. I really enjoy that. I hear people complaining about the bugs, but i dont really mind, every game has bugs! Ohh, and the yogscast were so stupid when they did not take their time to read the end credits, I really love them (yes, I cheated). The game is wonderful, best game ever

Sam Wilson: Did you contribute any ideas to the development of the game?

EASHS: Yes! Well, just in the same way the whole Minecraft community have. Thats one of the other most amazing things with this game, items and features like brewing, potions and pistons are things I would say are ideas from within the community. But, I have not have any special way of implementing features in the game :)

Sam Wilson: True, have you ever tried creating a minecraft mod or are you happy with the game as it is?

EASHS: I do not play with mods or texture packs, the game is wonderful as it is. Also, I have no idea how to make them.

Sam Wilson: Haha. What is your favourite mob in the game?

EASHS: Ohh, thats a hard question.

Sam Wilson: Haha.

EASHS: Well, I Really like the Villagers. I think most people do not understand them, but for me its like a mysterious secret village.
EASHS: In an abandoned landscape.

Sam Wilson: True.

EASHS: And you find these silent and peaceful people,
EASHS: With their hands crossed,
EASHS: It just amazes me.

Sam Wilson: Have you ever met Markus [Notch] in person?

EASHS: Well, yes I have. I attended my sisters wedding this summer, and of course on many earlier occasions.

Sam Wilson: That is awesome. What would you like to see implemented in the game now? Personally, I like the idea of NPC trading!

EASHS: Well, one feature I've wanted has allways been to be able to feed chickens with seeds, and they would lay an egg

Sam Wilson: That is awesome.
Sam Wilson: Okay.

EASHS: yeah ^^

Sam Wilson: Apart from Minecraft, do you play any other games?

EASHS: I have this thing for a game called machinarium. But other than that, I would not call myself a gamer. I've never played MW3 or COD or whatever (shock). I do like the games that are different, and with visual effectes and an oportunity to be creative, like sims. Yes, I feel weird, but I do like that. After all, Family, friends, school and then gaming ;)

Sam Wilson: What is your absolute FAVOURITE thing about Minecraft?

EASHS: Yet another very hard question!
EASHS: Well, the fact that people can do WHATEVER, absolutly everything they want with the game. Some people enjoy building, some enjoy surviving. Its the whole game itself that is wonderful. My favourite feature in Minecraft might be the mobs. I just love watching animals jump around, and I love hiding from zombies. Without them, the game would have been completely different.

Sam Wilson: That's very true.
Sam Wilson: Do you make Minecraft videos for YouTube?

EASHS: Aww, my computer can't handle any recording software. As much as I would love to. But one thing I love, is that it handles Minecraft super well. I usually play with fullscreen, fancy graphics and normal render distance :) A guy I met via the Minecraft Community said he could by me fraps, but ill wait until I get a better PC. Ohh, and if I am going to make videos, it would be in Norwegian ;)

Sam Wilson: Haha awesome. Last question.
Sam Wilson: When you play Minecraft, what do you do in a normal session? Do you play Multiplayer or Singleplayer and What do you do?

EASHS: As of now, I pretty much play everything. I play on two different huge servers, I play Creative mode sigleplayer, as well as survival. I would actually consider myself a builder, rather than a survivor. I think its a creative outlet, and I really enjoy sharing my buildings with other people. I am active in the community, and I try to tweet as much as I can. I visit several servers during a week, and enjoy talking with the people out there. Also, I spend a lot of time with my Niece and Nephew, skyping and playing on a private whitelisted server, sometimes even ez joins the call to play with us. Thats the part I enjoy the most.

Sam Wilson: Thank You Very Much.

--End Interview--

Overall it was great talking to him
Follow him @EASHS


Also - New Video. Minecraft TNT Shotgun + Cannon Launcher Click For The Video!

No comments:

Post a Comment