Thursday 1 December 2011

Interview with Madmommy - A 'Minecraft Mom'

Today's interview was with Madmommy. A mom who plays Minecraft with her son and husband on her channel. She's very nice and I recommend that you subscribe and follow her!
@Madmommy on Twitter
Madmommy on YouTube


TheRussianPigeon: Okay, First Off, Explain who you are to those that do not know who you are.

madmommy: I'm a mom, wife, and fogey-gamer who is slightly "mad". I started playing Minecraft about a year ago, and was introduced to the MInecraftwb server. After watching Wolv21 and Luclin, I tried my hand at YouTube, and here we are at 2000 subs!

TheRussianPigeon: That's pretty awesome. Are you enjoying the 1.0.0 update?

madmommy: So far I'm most in love with the new sounds, especially the Ender sounds. That seriously freaked me out. I just wish I had more time, as I'm also currently in school to become a teacher.

TheRussianPigeon: Haha. The new sounds are pretty cool. Did you attend Minecon this year?

madmommy: No, but I wish I had! MrsLuclin and I have decided we need to go next year, and have a panel discussion (including PaulSoaresjr"s wife) on the MOMs (Moms of Minecraft).

TheRussianPigeon: Haha, I couldn't go because of school and the fact that I'd have to catch a plane half way across the world :D What would you like to see added to the game in future updates?

madmommy: I wish they would officially add in the Aether, and more animals (such as Mo Creatures). Both are GREAT mods and deserve a permanent home in the official game.

TheRussianPigeon: Yeah. Have you ever tried creating a mod?

madmommy: That's been beyond me so far. Maybe when I have more time I'll give it a try, but I think I'd rather try and create a nice texturepack.

TheRussianPigeon: Haha. What do you prefer, SinglePlayer or MultiPlayer?

madmommy: Multi-player, but only with close friends or family. Which is ironic, because I met many of my close Minecraft friends through a large online environment. My son, Yam (his Minecraft name), likes to play with my husband and I, but we have to turn off "bad-ful" mode (no monsters).

TheRussianPigeon: That's actually really awesome :) Do you prefer Survival or Creative?


madmommy: Survival. Period. Creative mode drives me nuts...I'm always breaking things! I will sometimes slip into Creative mode during one of our family sessions to seek out villages, or to produce some coveted items. But I'm not big into the building...I love the exploring!

TheRussianPigeon: That's what Minecraft is about! Which Version of Minecraft was the one which you played with first?

madmommy: I believe I bought Beta right after the Halloween update.

TheRussianPigeon: Nice! What is your favourite mob in the game?

madmommy: Hmmm. That's a tough one. If I could pick one from a mod, I'd say the Moa. But otherwise, I like creepers. Not that I like how they act, I just admire them for being the smartest mob in the game.

TheRussianPigeon: Yeah. If you could remove one thing from the game, what would it be?

madmommy: The villagers. I understand they will eventually have a purpose, but they are ugly as sin. What's with the big noses? And they are dumber than sheep :)

TheRussianPigeon: Haha. Last question, Which other games do you play? :)

madmommy: I've done a series on the Fogey Gaming channel on both Atari 2600 games and Myst. However, I've played Terraria in the past, and am currently addicted to Dragon Age: Origins.

TheRussianPigeon: Thank You Very Much!

End Interview

All in all madmommy is awesome and it's worth subscribing to her on youtube and following her on twitter.


Don't forget to subscribe to me - Here!
And Follow Me Here!




No comments:

Post a Comment