Wednesday 7 December 2011

Interview with WelshPixie - Female Minecrafter

Today I got to interview, WelshPixie! It was AWESOME.
MinecraftWB
Welsh Pixie on YouTube
@Welshpixie on Twitter


Let's Begin!
First, explain who you are to those who do not know!

I'm WelshPixie! I'm from Wales, in the UK, but I've been living in South Africa for almost three years. I'm female, and 30. I'm a manager over at Minecraft Workbench (Community Manager and co-owner of the site), and I make gaming videos on YouTube.

Did you attend Minecon this year... if so, was it fun? 

Alas, not :( It was just too far away - I couldn't have afforded the flight, let alone accomodation and all the other stuff. But from what I've seen of vlogs and photos, it looked awesome. I hope they host it in South Africa next year but I'm not getting my hopes up :D

Are you enjoying Minecraft 1.0.0?

I actually haven't played it much! I was doing great at keeping up to date with the changes in the pre-releases, but then my family came for a two-week holiday and I missed a bunch of updates and had too much going on to catch up with everything when it was finally released. I've downloaded the latest weekly snapshot though, so it's more recent than the officially released client and has some nice changes in it, like oak leaves having a chance to drop red apples and farmland no longer trampling when you walk on it. I haven't played 1.0 to 'The End' though - I've dabbled with enchanting tables for demonstration videos and had some fun spawning a bunch of dragons when they were first released but that's about it.

How did you get introduced to Minecraft?

My boyfriend Jaco (known online as RustyBroomhandle) keeps up with a lot of indie game sites. He found an article somewhere on Minecraft just before it got the free weekend and we both downloaded it, loved it and purchased it immediately. Jaco had a week off work that week and we spent it exclusively playing Minecraft until 4 in the morning, getting about five hours sleep and getting up to play more Minecraft!

What is your favourite mob? 

Well I'm Welsh, I'd be doing a disservice to my country if I didn't say the sheep! I like the slimes though, they're cute. The Blazes look like fun but I haven't played with them yet, only harassed them from the safety of creative mode.

Do you own Minecraft Pocket Edition? 

Not yet - my current android is too stone-age to run it. But I'm getting it upgraded in about a week to hopefully a Samsung Galaxy Note and the first thing I'll be buying for it will be MC:PE!

What would you like to see in future versions of Minecraft?

More sheep! :P Hmm. I think more items - more things to find, to pick up, more crafting recipes, that kinda thing. A general increase in 'things to do'. 

Do you play any other games?

According to Steam I have 118 games there, and a closet full of physical games besides. So yes! I've been almost exclusively playing Skyrim since its release - I've clocked over 250 hours in it in total, have one character just over 50, one at 43, several at around 15... I do have a life, honest! I also play Terraria, love games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Fallout - and I have a special place in my heart for the old RPGs I grew up with like Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Icewind Dale, etc. Oh, and I play several MMOs on and off; WoW, Dofus, Wakfu, Rift, Everquest II... I'll pretty much play anything ;p

What is your favourite block?

Grass! With wood a close second. I like natural-looking things.

Who is the best person you have met through the Minecraft community?

Oh man - I've made soooo many friends through Minecraft it's unreal. The first friends we made through the game were Luclin and his RL friends Syllus and Subraho - collectively they were the original founders of MCWB. We're pretty close with those guys and talk to them almost every day online. Then we met and befriended people like Wolv, BitBurner, MCC, Paul - who are all awesome - but more than that, I'm incredibly lucky to have a small group of people who've become close and supportive friends that are all fantastic - MadMommy, MinecraftGeek (and his many secret identities!), Astragali, Vancecrafter, and loooads more that I'm not going to list here because it would take up so much space! And last but not least, the entire MCWB staff team. They're all freaking awesome and make my job SO much easier. They rawk, and deserve a huge amount of praise for the work they put in to keeping MCWB a fun and friendly place to hang out.

-end Interview-

Well that was AWESOME. Great woman ^.^ And she's Welsh! (No Sheep References Will Be Made)   

Thanks

Remember To Subscribe To Me - Here!


No comments:

Post a Comment