Wednesday 28 December 2011

Interview with XaPhobia - He Made The ZombiePigman Skin!!

Today I got to interview the creator of the ZombiePigman Skin! XaPhobia! Awesome Guy! Awesome Mob! Awesome Skin!
His Twitter!
Skins!

Start Interview -

Sam Wilson: Firstly, Explain who you are to those who don't know.

Chris B: Mm, XaPhobia, I'm a guy of a few talents, I guess. I write code in Java and C++. I also code websites as a side hobby. I'm getting progressively better at it, but people know me as the minecraft skinmaker who created that notorious Zombie Pigmen in the Nether.

Sam Wilson: That is awesome!
Sam Wilson: Have you played much of the 1.0.0 update of Minecraft?

Chris B: More than I'd like to admit, really. All I've been doing these last few weeks was playing in a few 1.0.0 servers. With a side play of Grand Theft Auto IV.

Sam Wilson: Haha. Did you attend Minecon?

Chris B: Of course. It was fun flying out to Las Vegas from Florida.

Sam Wilson: What was the best bit?

Chris B: Getting to help out as one of the MineCon Agents, I believe.

Sam Wilson: That's cool ^.^
Sam Wilson: What's your favourite mob in the game?

Chris B: I think that one's a given. The very one I created, of course! The Nethers most populated mob, the Zombie Pigmen

Sam Wilson: Haha. Singleplayer or Multiplayer?

Chris B: A split of both, really. I do enjoy playing Multiplayer with friends, but I'm trying to make my own single player adventure series on YouTube.

Sam Wilson: Fair enough.
Sam Wilson: Would you class yourself as a builder or a survivor?

Chris B: Honestly? Survivor. I'm not fond of playing in Creative mode.

Sam Wilson: haha.
Sam Wilson: If you could REMOVE one thing from the game... what would it be?

Chris B: There's not much I'd remove, really. The only things I've distaste for is the enchanting items with xp and how they weakened the diamond sword.

Sam Wilson: If you could ADD one thing to the game... what would it be?

Chris B: Ohohoho, that'd be a tough one. Actually, no it's not. I want barbed wire fences! But Evil_Notch doesn't like them. >:C

Sam Wilson: Haha
Sam Wilson: What other games do you play?

Chris B: I have too many to list. D: But specific ones? GTA IV is one of my favourites along with Resident Evil. But if we're going based off computer games, then Terraria is coming in a close third, right behind the Roller Coaster Tycoon series. Except Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. I don't like the new style. I miss the old blocky style!

Sam Wilson: Haha
Sam Wilson: When you made the ZombiePigman, did you expect it to be used by Notch?

Chris B: Actually, no. I was originally making it as a halloween thing for Miclee when we were with World of Minecraft. He was an Owner and I was an Executive back then (Highest ranks. Owner > Executive), and we were doing a staff Halloween skin theme. But Miclee tweeted Notch with it and Notch actually saw it.

Sam Wilson: Woah, that's awesome!
Sam Wilson: Finally, How much more would you like to be added to Minecraft?

Chris B: More use in the oceans are a must. If the world generator gets tweaked to support larger maps and deeper oceans, then adding hostile water mobs will be a definite. I also would rather have the Nether exist directly below the bedrock level of the current world. Adding those "world holes" back so you can just dig your way into the Nether. Lets not forget giving the Villagers some functionality. Like killing a librarian gives you some books or a bookshelf, killing the priest gives gold nuggets or ingots, killing the normal people give wood tools or be capable of trading with all of them. They need sounds, too!

Sam Wilson: Awesome


--End Interview--

Well, that was fun :D Great Guy! Great Answers.


Peace,
Pige

P.S. Welcome Our New Writer TheNightSide

No comments:

Post a Comment